PATROL OFFICER OPENING:
PATROL OFFICER JOB OPENING:POLICE PATROL OFFICER POSITION
The Lewistown Police Department is now accepting applications for the position of Police Patrol Officer.
The following qualifications must be met by the applicants:
• Must be a citizen of the United States.
• Must have, or be able to obtain prior to hiring, a valid Montana Drivers License.
• Must have High School Diploma or GED
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must not have a felony conviction on record.
• Must be of good moral character, as determined by a thorough background investigation.
• Preference will be given to those individuals with Montana P.O.S.T. Council Basic Certificate, and/or two years or more of college, and/or two years or more of military service with an honorable discharge.
• Pass the Montana Physical Abilities Test (MPAT)
• Pass medical and mental health evaluations
This position includes, but is not limited to, the following basic duties:
This position is involved in law enforcement activities encompassing crime prevention, investigations, arrests, and traffic regulations, providing basic police functions and duties. It requires occasional strenuous physical exertion, contact with undesirable physical conditions and the proper care and use of safety equipment and procedures to prevent injury. This position will require frequent contact with the public.
Successful applicants will be required to work a rotating schedule on 12-hour shifts, including but not limited to, day and night shifts. There will be a mandatory 1-year probation period.
Starting base salary will be $21.66 per hour, for a total of $47,435.40. Additional pay includes $2.00 per hour night shift differential. If POST certified, with three years’ experience, a higher starting salary is available. Paid holiday, vacation and sick time is provided. Health insurance is provided by the City of Lewistown. Uniforms, including weapon, plus $600.00 per year uniform maintenance allowance is provided. Employees must become members of the AFSCME local 1441 union. Employees must also pay into the Montana State Municipal Police Officers Retirement System.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Testing for selected applicants will be held as soon as possible following the closing date. The testing can consist of a written exam, a pass/fail physical abilities test and an oral interview. Only selected applicants will be invited to attend.
Things that must be included with your application are as follows:
• Copy of Birth Certificate
• Copy of high school and college diplomas including transcripts
• All attachments must be signed and returned
• Copy of discharge papers, (DD-214) if applicable
• Any other documents that you feel will help in your selection
• Copy of a word per minute typing test
(Note: Individuals who submit incomplete packets will not be provided the opportunity to